Bennett DriveAway’s newest addition, its pickup division, offers tow and/or haul-away service to its customers across the continental United States. Bennett’s pickup service can handle one unit at a time or up to three unit combinations with our haul & tow vehicles. Our professional contractors are trained and equipped to handle ball hitch, fifth wheel, and goose neck hook ups for the transport of recreational vehicles, marine craft, and other specialized units.
Bennett DriveAway has been the safest transporter of trucks and other rolling cargo since 1986 and recruits only experienced contractors who meet high standards in safety, reliability, and quality customer care. If you are a qualified D.O.T. certified truck driver who is looking for a better way to deliver, Bennett DriveAway wants you in its pickup service!
When you are ready to join our team simply complete and submit the secure online application. Once the application has been received and processed, you will be contacted by one of our qualifications team members. If you have further questions please contact a recruiter at 866.933.4413.
Pickup Equipment Requirements:
- Model year 2000 or newer 1 ton heavy duty pickup truck (or larger) able to meet DOT requirements
- Current Annual DOT inspection must be no more than 6 months old at time of orientation
- Fifth wheel hitch - 20,000-pound load rating
- 2" & 2 5/16" solid ball mount rated at 10,000
- 2 X 2 receiver hitch rated at 10,000
- Load equalizing torsion bars rated at 10,000
- Electric brake controller for trailer brakes
- 12-volt battery for breakaway switch
- Seven pin (“Bargeman” female side) electrical connector mounted near fifth wheel hitch.
- Towing mirrors (Extended)
- Large sturdy mud flaps
- Emergency reflective triangles
- Mounted fire extinguisher with gauge
- Truck registration must be rated at 26,000 lbs.
Pickup Contractor Requirements:
- Class A CDL -OR-
- Class B,C CDL with 6 months driving experience in the past 7 years pulling a trailer
- Must be at least twenty-three years of age
- Must be able to pass Federal DOT physical and drug screen
- Must meet F.M.C.S.A. guidelines on safety clearance application
- No DUI in the previous 5 years
- Must comply with independent contractor's daily log requirements as prescribed in 49 CFR Part 395
- No more than one moving violation in the past 12 months
- No more than two moving violations in the past 36 months
- If you have no commercial driving experience, we accept 6 months of experience pulling a personal trailer(s) if you provide the following information on your insurance company's letterhead: Policy must be current:
- Year, Make, Model
- Length of trailer
- Name of insured
- Expiration date of policy
- Length policy(s) have been held